While growing our community to include 30 distinguished Founding Members and eight vital institutional partners in the Pacific Northwest, we have also been seeking to affiliate with similar organizations in other parts of the country. Our search disclosed numerous actively engaged individuals and localized institutions but no organization like ours that crosses the major faiths and does so from a base of deep technical knowledge. Accordingly, in July we began to extend invitations to Founding Members from around the country.
We are pleased to welcome our newest Founding Members including:
- Brian Green, Director of Technology Ethics, Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University and a leader in the San Francisco-based Partnership for AI.
- Rear Admiral (retired) Margaret Kibben, former Chief of Chaplains of the United States Navy, now actively engaged in exploring ethical dimensions in the potential deployment of autonomous, AI-enabled weaponry.
- Meenaz Merchant, AI and Research Principal Program Manager for Bing Search at Microsoft Corporation, and a lay leader at our institutional partner, Iman Center.
- Jason Thacker, associate research fellow and creative director at The Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission in Nashville and principal author of its “Artificial Intelligence: An Evangelical Statement of Principles”
- Reid Maclellan, M.D., founder and CEO of Asclepius, Inc, an AI-powered diagnostic start-up, an Adjunct Professor at both Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital, and a graduate of the University of Alabama and its Medical School.