Now that we’ve reorganized into our new structure around the Institute for Faith Perspectives on AI, our constituent teams are starting to meet and move ahead. We want Research Fellows, Contributing Fellows, Advisors and Partners to coalesce dynamically around particular issues as opportunities and needs arise.
Here are some of the ways our Board expects this to play out in 2022:
- In general, we will quickly demonstrate the value of our new cross-connecting community. We anticipate some early demonstration projects to inspire and display how
- Advisors help us identify research opportunities and needs in the areas in which they are expert.
- Research Fellows drill down on particular topics from varying faith perspectives.
- Contributing Fellows help connect new insights and knowledge into the broader global secular AI ethics discussion
- Research Team. With Research Director Dan Rasmus’ leadership, we expect to:
- Develop our all-star Research Advisory Board into an essential guidance and oversight team.
- Identify and support initial joint and individual research projects by Research Fellows that continue to demonstrate the relevance of faith values and wisdom to cutting edge AI ethical issues.
- Contributing Fellows
- Content Team: Our 8 Contributing Fellows and Members are working with authors to publish up to 24 features as they are ready, while still collecting them into Newsletters at month end.
- Programs: Our Contributing Fellows (currently 3) are identifying the key national and global AI ethics conferences and podcasts (starting with those in our own community) into which we can systematically contribute faith perspectives through Advisors and Fellows from our community and experts from our Partners, plus organizing internal “salon” conversations among our experts to grow better acquainted.
- Communications: Our two (more on the way!) Contributing Fellows anticipate helping us develop and implement a strong new communications plan and face to the world through a consultant-led communications strategy Zoom session in January to address essential questions about context, audience, brand, and methodology. Outcomes there aim by this summer for a strong platform to better disseminate the great content we are generating.
- Networking: From his new post in Hong Kong, our Contributing Fellow Levi Checketts is already starting to build a network of faith perspectives on AI across Asia and opening a conversation across our strong network of Catholic academic ethics institutes, while David Brenner continues to develop new Partner relationships and flesh out our Contributing Fellow Teams.
- Advisors are our deep and wide pool of knowledge and expertise! We look forward to:
- Making connections between Advisors in similar fields and on a multidisciplinary basis.
- Matching Advisors with Research and Contributing Fellows around particular issues.
- Partnering formally and informally with the organizations our Advisors come from.