Contributing Fellows and Members are the backbone of AI&F’s mission to “identify, connect, encourage and equip” experts with faith perspectives on AI ethics. They serve and work through four Teams: Editorial, Programs, Communications and Networking. Each Team meets by Zoom monthly to plan and coordinate work, and the results are reported across the Teams.
Buoyed by the success of the ethics track the Programs Team created for the National Faith ERG Conference in May and our upcoming panel on AI-powered technologies and the future of religious practice at the Annual Conference of the American Academy of Religion in Denver in November, the Programs Team has identified 10 key conferences in 2023 for planning and proposals that would bring faith perspectives and values for AI ethics analysis to the fore. These conferences include:
- A significant faith and AI ethics track as part of the Religious Freedom and Business Foundation’s “Dare to Overcome” Conference in New Delhi, India on the edge of the G20 Summit in Sept. 2023
- A potential pan-Asia conference promoting dialogue on Eastern/Western faiths and AI in 2023
- The 6th Annual AAAI/ACM Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Ethics, and Society – this year’s conference is being held at Oxford with AI&F experts in attendance
- The ACM Conference on Fairness, Accountability and Transparency, this year being held in late June in Seoul, Korea
- The We Robot Conference, this year happening at the University of Washington on September 14-16
- The 2023 version of the National Faith ERG Conference
- Another panel for the AI Research Seminar at the AAR/SBL 2023 Conference
- Another conference on faith-based investing in Europe and/or Asia drawing on connections and a network growing out of the Geneva, Switzerland program organized in January of this year by our Research Fellow Nicoleta Acatrinei.
Are you and/or your organization interested in submitting a proposal or assisting in planning a proposal for any of these conferences? Your ideas and participation are welcome! Please contact Admin@aiandfaith.org.