To connect, encourage and equip AI and Faith’s rapidly growing expert community and “Network of Networks,” we are seeking volunteers to serve alongside our 18 Contributing Fellows and Officers, in a variety of roles including:
- Executive Director (interim / acting)
- Assistant Treasurer
- Contributing Fellows Team Leads/Members
- Content Team
- Programming Team
- Networking Team
- Communications Team
- Other areas to-be-determined based on interest and ability
See additional details below, and please reach out to email@example.com if interested.
Thanks for considering supporting our mission to bring the wisdom and values of the world’s religions into the ethical development of Artificial Intelligence.
Additional Detail on Available Roles
Executive Director (acting/interim) – serve as AI&F’s acting director from September to November 2022 while the current Director is on sabbatical, with the potential for stepping permanently into the role or partnering with the Director in a related management position following his return.
Responsibilities include interfacing with the Research Director and the managers of the Contributing Fellow Teams; facilitating interaction between Contributing Fellow Teams and the Advisors; and working with our communications consultant.
Position requirements include working knowledge of AI ethics issues, an appreciation and passion for our mission, good organizational and communications skills, a deft approach to leading volunteers, and a willingness to commit about 30 hours a month to the role.
This position provides an unparalleled opportunity for frequent personal and professional interaction with a remarkably able and good-hearted group of leading experts on AI technology and ethics and the satisfaction of advancing AI&F’s mission and sustainability in an exciting moment of growth.
Assistant Treasurer – Support the work of the Treasurer by assuming responsibility for bank account monitoring, reconciliation, deposit of funds, and payment of invoices.
Position duties and requirements include managing accounts payable and receipts, knowledge of/willingness to learn rudiments of APLOS nonprofit accounting software, and attention to occasional correspondence.
Fellows/Members for the Contributing Fellows Teams – We are recruiting fellows and members for each of the following Contributing Fellow Teams sufficient to allow each Team member to contribute on average about 5-6 hours a month while advancing agreed Team goals. Here are the Teams, their work and target membership:
- Content (up to 6 more members) – work with other AI&F experts, members, and partner organizations to generate a steady number of outside articles, News developments, and features for regular posting to our social media pages and into a monthly Newsletter.
- Programs (up to 5 more members) – elevate our active influence in the AI ethics speaking world by identifying opportunities to participate in major AI ethics-related conferences and podcasts, and recruiting experts in AI&F and partner networks to fill them; create internal and external programs for AI&F and its partners.
- Networking (up to 4 more members) – continue to expand AI&F’s community of experts and connections through our Network of Networks, identifying synergies, common interests, and collective opportunities for work with the broader AI ethics conversation.
- Communications (up to 4 more members) – continue to build tools and processes for disseminating faith perspectives on AI ethics effectively and in ways that make a difference.
All positions require some knowledge of key issues about AI ethics and willingness to commit on average 5-6 hours a month to the role. Teams variously require writing, editing, interpersonal skills, and familiarity with social media technology.
Our experience shows that these roles present a unique opportunity to reach out and connect with anyone in the AI ethics space who has an interest in the role of religion or faith in AI creation, adoption, and impact.
Team Leads for Contributing Fellow Teams (up to 4) – volunteers who will lead each Team in setting monthly Zoom calls, facilitate goal setting, and fulfillment of the goals.
Position requirements include knowledge of key issues relating to AI ethics, initiative, persistence, and willingness to commit about 10 hours a month to the role.
Opportunities include regular engagement with AI&F Research Fellows and Advisors across the AI&F community and Network of Networks and work at the leading edge of the AI ethics debate globally.